Chemical Formula: H2O2
CAS No: 64-18-6
Other names (synonyms):
Description and application:
Formic acid is used
- as a preservative and antibacterial agent in the preparation of feed, since formic acid slows down the processes of rotting and decay, so hay and silage treated with formic acid are preserved longer,
- in the mordant dyeing of wool,
- for the control of parasites in beekeeping,
- as a solvent in some chemical reactions, as a bleach when tanning the skin, etc.
- In laboratories, the decomposition of liquid formic acid is used to produce carbon monoxide, etc.
We will contact you soon!