Chemical formula: CaCl2
CAS 10043-52-4 (waterless)
Description and application:
It is a by-product in the production of soda. It is used in various fields, including medicine, food industry, chemistry, oil production, metallurgy, and so on. It is very actively used in construction and public utilities (as an anti-ice reagent).
In construction, calcium chloride is massively used as an additive in concrete. This is one of the most powerful accelerators of setting and hardening of concrete, which, among other things, allows you to effectively use calcium chloride in winter concreting as an anti-frost additive.
In addition, it is used in the following areas:
- in the softening of beef and lamb (reducing the cost of freezing, storage and loading);
- in the canning of vegetables and fruits (storage of apples with an 8% solution impregnation)
- dust control for gravel roads;
- as an anti-icing agent;
- as a hardener in food products (thickener for the production of low-calorie jellies);
- in the dairy industry in the production of fermented dairy products, and plays a major role in the formation of the clot. The addition of calcium chloride leads to an increase in the yield of the final product, as well as improves its properties;
- in medicine;
- in the regulation of water hardness in the production of low-alcohol and non-alcoholic beverages;
- in the manufacture of bread (preservative);
- when transporting frozen goods by sea — to avoid freezing of water in the drainage system;
- for the preparation of the killing fluid when carrying out repairs on the oil and gas wells.