Chemical name (synonyms):
- glutaraldehyde (glutaraldehyde, glutaric dialdehyde)
- glutaric acid dialdehyde (glutaric acid dialdehyde)
- 1.5-pentadial glutaric (1,5-pentanedial glutural)
Description and application:
Glutaraldehyde is a complex organic compound with pronounced disinfecting and sterilizing properties.
Due to its high antibacterial activity, the product is actively used as a raw material by manufacturers of detergents and disinfectants.
The product is perfectly mixed with water, alcohols, chloroform, toluene and benzene. Avoid contact with amines, ammonia, strong acids and bases, aluminum, carbon and mild steel, copper and iron.
Glutaraldehyde is used for:
- disinfection of sanitary equipment, hospital household items, dental equipment, dishes, underwear, toys;
- disinfection of equipment intended for daily and general cleaning;
- disinfection of medical and preventive institutions, public institutions-hotels, sports complexes, baths, dormitories, swimming pools;
- disinfection of social security and public catering enterprises, industrial markets, metro, sanitary and railway transport facilities;
- as a component of detergents intended for disinfection of livestock and poultry complexes;
- industrial water treatment;
- chemical treatment of the skin, when tanning;